What is scalp micropigmentation?
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) medical hair tattoo is a non-surgical solution which can restore a completely bald head to resemble a full shaved head of hair or illusion of thickness to thinning hair. SMP is suitable for both men and women of all ages, skin colours, types and stages of hair-loss.
How Does SMP Work?
The treatment consists of natural pigments being applied at the upper dermal level of the scalp to replicate the appearance of natural/real hair.
Pigment spacing is determined by replicating the remaining natural hair follicles. Because hair follicles don’t always grow in the same direction, during the treatment your practitioner will recognise and replicate your natural hair pattern and shades to create the most realistic finish – creating a more confident hairline.
How Long Does SMP Take?
SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation) normally takes place over 3 sessions, each taking approx 3-6 hours with at least one week between each session. The process allows for a very gradual, subtle replication/infill of the hairline rarely detected even by close friends and family.
Our practitioners have unrivaled experience and strive for perfection.
Benefits of Scalp Micropigmentation
- Give the look of a full, youthful head of cropped/shaved hair
- Simulate a full-front, side and/or rear hairline
- Restore part or fully bald heads hairlines
- Camouflage (permanently) the symptoms of all levels of alopecia
- Hide scars, burns and birthmarks
- Boost the visual effect of a hair transplant
- Camouflage FUE/FUT scarring resulting from previous hair transplant surgery
Contact Scalptech Australia today for a free, discrete consultation